Home > Rummy Types
Rummy is a highly entertaining card game rooted in Indian culture. All over the country, you will find different types of rummy games being played. Indians take out time to play rummy with their family and connect with friends. Since the game is easy to understand, people of all ages can play it together and have fun.
Types of Rummy: Get Real-time Experience on Rummy.com
Rummy is not just a game in India: it is an emotion and a symbol of spending quality time. Since the game is available in different variations, players can switch things and play different rummy types to keep themselves engaged and entertained. The rise of apps such as Rummy.com has allowed players to play popular card games on their phones. You can now play and compete with real players and indulge in the fun and liveliness of the exciting rummy game.
You will find many types of rummy games being played in India, but 13-card rummy and 21-card rummy are two of the most popular variants of this game, especially 13-card rummy. Indians all over the country play both of these variants, and now they can play it on their phones. 13-cards are dealt to each player in 13-card rummy, and 21-cards are dealt to each player in 21-card rummy. In both games, players have to arrange their cards in sequences, or sequences and sets, and make a valid declaration before their opponents to win the game.
13 Card Rummy
Different types of rummy variants can be played online. You can also play 13-card rummy in different formats. On the Rummy.com app, you can play this game in the following formats:
Points rummy is the quickest and most engaging rummy variant played by 2 to 6 players. It is the most engaging 13-card game. Each game is played for only one deal, and every point has a fixed monetary value in cash games. The player who wins gets a cash prize.
Pool rummy is an entertaining format that is played by 2 to 6 players. Pool rummy is available in three formats: 61 pool rummy, 101 pool rummy and 201 pool rummy. The player whose score reaches 61 points (in 61 pool rummy), 101 points (in 101 pool rummy) or 201 points (in 201 pool rummy) gets eliminated. In the end, the last player left alone at the table is declared the winner.
Deals rummy is a unique Indian rummy variant that is played by 2 to 6 players. The game is played for a predefined number of deals and each player gets a fixed number of chips to play the game. The rules of Indian rummy are followed in the deals rummy format, and the player with the highest number of chips at the end of all the deals is declared the winner.
Spin & Go
Spin and Go is the right variant that will help you maximize your winnings when you play rummy online. In this game variant, you can win up to 10x your entry fee. The Spin and Go variant is played by 3 players and by default it is played in the deals rummy format. A spinner is spun to decide the value of the prize pool. The winner gets the entire prize pool amount displayed on the spinner, which is anywhere between 2x and 10x of the entry fee.
21 Card Rummy
The 21-card rummy game is played all across the country and is one of the most popular types of rummy. It is mostly played in the points rummy format. Each player gets 21-cards and they have to arrange their cards in sequences and sets. A unique concept of Indian Marriage is used in 21-card rummy, which makes it different from other variants. You can also play cash games and win exciting cash prizes by playing the 21-card game online.
Gin rummy is one of the many types of rummy games. In this variant, 10 cards are dealt to each player, and they group cards into valid combinations by picking and discarding a card on each turn. A player ends the game by declaring “Gin.” The points for winning are pre-decided, which is typically 100.
500 rummy is one of the many popular rummy variants. In the case of 2 players, a standard 52-card deck plus 2 jokers are used. In a two-player game, each player gets 13 cards. On each turn, players draw a card from the two piles and discard a card to the open pile. The game is similar to other rummy variants, but there are some different concepts such as floating, which makes it different from other variants.
How to Play Free and Cash Rummy on Rummy.com
Downloading the online rummy cash app onto your phone is super easy. You can download our app on both Android and iOS mobiles. You can easily find the free rummy app on both the Play Store and the App Store. Simply download the app to play unlimited free rummy games on your phone.
How to Download Cash App onto Android Mobile
- You can find the download link for the cash rummy app on our website.
- Using the link, you can download the rummy app APK onto your mobile.
- Once the APK is downloaded, you simply have to install it, and you can start playing cash rummy games on your phone.
How to Download Cash App onto iOS Mobile
- iOS users can find the Rummy.com cash app on the App Store and download it from there.
- Once you have downloaded and installed the app on your phone, you can start playing cash rummy games online.
How to Play 13-card Rummy
After you have successfully downloaded the 13-card rummy app onto your mobile phone, you can begin playing rummy for real cash straight away. You simply have to make a cash deposit, which will also get you a welcome bonus on the Rummy.com app. To maximize your chances of winning, you should learn all the important rules of online Indian rummy. Here are all the important rummy rules to get you started with online cash rummy and help you learn how to play rummy online for cash.
- Rummy is played by 2 to 6 players.
- One standard 52-deck plus one printed joker is used for two players, and two standard decks plus 2 printed jokers are used for more than two players.
- All players are dealt 13 cards at the beginning of the game.
- Every player has to pick a card, from any of the two decks on the table, on each turn and then discard one of their cards.
- All 13 cards must be arranged in valid sequences, or sequences and sets.
- Jokers are used to form impure sequences and to form sets.
- A wild joker is selected at the beginning of the game and all the other suit cards of that rank or value also become jokers.
- Once all the cards are arranged, the player should discard a card and then declare to show their cards to the opponents.
- The player who makes the first valid declaration wins the game.
- To make a valid declaration, you need at least two sequences, out of which at least one must be a pure sequence, and all other cards must be arranged in sequence(s) or set(s).
Rummy Types FAQs
No, they are two different types of rummy games. Their rules and gameplay are different.
Yes, Indian rummy is an umbrella term for 13-card rummy. The 13-card rummy game is one of the most entertaining variants of rummy played all over the country. The popularity of 13-card rummy is the reason why people often call it Indian rummy.
The Rummy.com app is for all rummy lovers and enthusiasts, but players prefer quick games online. This is why our app is designed to let you play the classic 13-card rummy game. The 13-card variant is quicker and you can play it even if you have only a few minutes to spare.