Home > Rummy Cards
The game of rummy is played by 2 to 6 players with one or two decks of cards. To win, the player must arrange all their 13 rummy cards in valid sequences, or sequences and sets. The player who arranges all of their cards first and makes a valid declaration wins the game. People play this game all across the country, and Rummy.com is the best app to play the game of rummy online. Players have to strategize throughout the game and it makes playing rummy fun. The rummy card game is rooted in India and has become the favorite card game of Indians.
Know About Rummy Cards Game and Its Types
Rummy is an extremely engaging game with many formats and variants. Some of these variants are perfect for beginners, and others are loved by expert players. The most famous variant of rummy in India is 13-card rummy. It is played all over the country on a regular basis. People love to play rummy card game online multiplayer format and compete with real players online. You can also choose from other famous variants such as 500 rummy, gin rummy, contract rummy, etc. Each variant has something unique to offer and they all promise fun and great entertainment.
What Is a Rummy Card Game?
The rummy card game is a popular game played by 2 to 6 players. Initially, the game was played using physical cards, but now players can play rummy card game online. A standard 52-card deck plus one printed joker is used when two players are playing this game, two decks and two printed jokers are used in case of more than 2 players. In rummy, points have a negative value, and the goal is to score zero.
How to Play Rummy Card Game and Win Real Money on Rummy.com?
Playing rummy card game online is very easy. Simply follow the steps given to download the Rummy.com app onto your mobile and start playing rummy for cash. On the app, you can play both free and cash games. To download the app and play for free as well as for real money follow these steps:
Download the Rummy.com App onto Your Mobile
Downloading the Rummy.com app onto your phone is super easy. The app can be downloaded on both Android and iOS mobiles.
For Android Users
- Find the download link for the cash rummy app on the Rummy.com website.
- Use the link to download the rummy app APK onto your mobile.
- Once the app is downloaded, install it on your phone, and you can start playing both free rummy games and cash rummy games.
For iOS Users
- The Rummy.com cash app is available on the App Store. iOS users can download it from there.
- Once the app is downloaded and installed, you can start playing the rummy card game for cash as well as for free.
Types of Rummy Cards Game
Several different types of Indian rummy card game variants are played across the country. With the Rummy.com app, players can play these variants on their phones. Here are some of the top rummy variants that you can play.
Indian Rummy Card Game
Indian rummy is one of the most popular card games in the country. This game is played in different formats all around India. On Rummy.com, you can play your favorite rummy game for real cash too. Indian rummy has several variants. 13 card rummy and 21-card rummy are the two popular rummy variants of the rummy card game in India.
Points Rummy Card Game
Points rummy is the fastest variant of Indian rummy. It is played by 2 to 6 players and is considered the most engaging 13-card game. Each game is played for only one deal, and every point has a fixed monetary value in cash rummy games. The player who makes the first valid declaration wins and gets the cash prize.
Pool Rummy Card Game
Pool rummy is a longer variant, but it is loved by players due to the added element of the pool. Pool rummy is available in two formats: 101 pool and 201 pool. The player whose score reaches 101 points (in 101 pool rummy) or 201 points (in 201 pool rummy) gets eliminated. The player who is left alone at the table, in the end, is declared the winner and gets the whole prize pool.
Deals Rummy Card Game
Deals rummy is played for a pre-decided number of deals or rounds. In this format, each player receives an equal number of chips at the beginning of the game. When a deal ends, the winner gets chips from losing players based on the points they lose by. At the end of all deals, the player who has the highest number of chips is declared the winner.
21 and 13 Cards Rummy - What's the difference?
Rummy is a game with many variants. There is Indian rummy, gin rummy, Shanghai rummy, and many more. However, there are two most closely linked rummy variants that are played all over the country and are preferred over other variants. The 13 card rummy and 21 card rummy are two extremely popular variants of rummy in India. Here are some of the key differences between these two variants:
- Each type of rummy card game is played with a different number of cards. These cards are dealt when the game begins. In a 13-card rummy, each player is dealt 13 cards. In 21-card rummy, each player is dealt 21 cards.
- The 13-card version is faster to complete than the 21-card version.
- The 21-card variant requires more cards; it is played with three decks of cards. However, the 13-card variant is played with one or two decks of cards.
- In 13-card rummy, you need at least two sequences, out of which at least one must be a pure sequence. In 21-card rummy, you need a minimum of three pure sequences.
- A marriage hand is only possible in the 21-card version. A marriage hand means a hand that includes all the value cards.
Rummy Cards Gameplay Rules for Beginners
If you are just getting started, you must know all the important rules of the game. This will help you play better and improve your chances of winning. Here are all the 13 card rummy rules that you must know.
- The 13-card rummy variant is played by 2-6 players. A standard 52-deck and one printed joker are used for two players, and two standard decks plus 2 printed jokers are used if more than 2 players are playing.
- Each player is dealt 13 cards at the beginning of the game.
- The remaining deck is put on the table face down which is called the closed deck.
- The top card from the closed deck is placed face up on the table. It is known as the open deck. Players can pick cards from either the closed deck or the open deck, but they have to discard cards to the open deck.
- A wild card joker is selected at random at the beginning of the game. The cards of all suits of that rank become jokers for that game.
- The objective of the game is to arrange your cards in sequences, or sequences and sets, and make a valid declaration before your opponents.
- Your goal is to bring your score to zero since points have a negative value in the 13-card game.
- On each turn, the player has to pick a card from either the open deck or the closed deck and then discard any one of their cards to the open deck.
- The player who arranges all 13 cards in sequences, or sequences and sets, and makes a valid declaration first wins the game.
Points Calculation in Rummy Cards Game
In the Indian rummy card game, points have a negative value. The objective of the game is to score zero points. To make a valid declaration, your points must be zero. The cards from 2 to 10 are worth their face value. For example, the 6 of each suit is worth 6 points. However, the A, K, Q, and J of each suit are worth 10 points. Both printed jokers and wild card jokers are worth zero points each.
When you group cards together into valid sequences and sets, their points become zero. For example 5♥ and 6♥ together are worth 5+6=11 points, but when you put 7♥ or 4♥ with them, it will become a sequence (4♥-5♥-6♥ or 5♥-6♥-7♥) and will be worth zero points as a valid sequence or set is worth zero points.
In a cash rummy card game online, every point has a predetermined value in rupees, and the winnings are calculated based on the monetary value of points.
Points Calculation in Points Rummy Card Game
In points rummy, each point has a monetary value in a cash game. This value is determined by players before the game starts. The winner gets the amount their opponent loses at the table. A small Rummy.com fee is deducted from the winnings.
The amount is calculated as follows:
Winnings = Sum of the points of all losing players X Value of each point in rupees — Rummy.com Fee
Points Calculation in Pool Rummy Card Game
The winnings in a pool rummy game are calculated as follows:
Winnings = (Entry fee X Number of players) — Rummy.com fee
Points Calculation in Deals Rummy Card Game
In deals rummy, the winner gets chips that are equal to the points lost by losing players. The chips have a monetary value, which is decided at the beginning of the game. The winnings in a deals rummy game are calculated as follows:
Winnings = (Chips won × Monetary value of each chip) – Rummy.com fee
How to Win the Rummy Cards Game?
Playing and winning at rummy is not difficult. If you use the right strategies and gain experience, your chances of winning will increase. Since rummy is a skill-based game, when you play rummy card game regularly, you will get better. Here are some tips and tricks to win a rummy game.
- Master all the rummy rules before you start playing cash games.
- Play the free rummy card game and low-value cash games to get a good grasp of rummy concepts.
- Make sure you keep strategizing throughout the game.
- Pay attention to jokers and use them wisely.
- Double-check all your cards and groups before declaring.
- Keep playing and learning to become an expert player.
Rummy Cards FAQs
Each variant of rummy is played using a different number of cards. In 13 card rummy, each player is dealt 13 cards, and in 21 card rummy each player gets 21 cards.
All face cards (K-Q-J) and the ace (A) are high cards in rummy. These rummy cards are worth 10 points each.
Yes, ace (A) has a dual value. Both A-2-3 and Q-K-A are valid sequences.